Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I made mistakes, but I always listened to my heart'

Rafael Nadal commented on how important was to take decisions during his career. The Spanish player thinks he always thought that the choices he made were very well thought.

"Like everybody, I made mistakes, I did things well, but everything I did, it was with my heart, you know, and believing that was the thing that works better for my tennis career and for my personal life, too", said Nadal. "Of course, I make mistakes. I am not this stupid guy that says I will not change, never in my life (smiling). That sounds very arrogant from my perspective, no? Of course, I will change things that I will do. But experience is important, and at the same time is important to have -- is good sometimes to have mistakes, too, because you need to learn.

Probably, being honest, I am happy to have the chance to work very hard on the tennis court when I had the chance to work. But at the same time, I am very happy that I was able to enjoy my personal life outside of tennis, too, no? It's true I went partying, I went fishing, I played less than my friends, I was very focused on tennis, yes, but for me, tennis has been a very important part of my life but not everything. So that's important that I am 32, almost 33, and I don't have the chance that I missed a lot of things in my real life. That's something that I'm proud of", said Nadal.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TyCAq8

No comments