Breaking News

Rafael Nadal recalls 2013 Indian Wells win: 'I thought about withdrawing'

In an interview to the BNP Paribas Open YouTube account, Rafael Nadal recalled his triumph dated back to six years ago when he defeated Juan Martin del Potro in a three-set final. The Spaniard was down a set and a break in that match and he eventually prevailed. In February he had come back to play after a seven-month break. "2013 was very emotional for me, I came back after a very long period of time outside the tennis courts, I started playing on clay and I was not sure if I would come here or not because of my knee but at the last moment I decided to come", said Nadal.

On his win in 2007, Nadal added: "I remember playing at a very high level of tennis, that was a great feeling and I enjoyed it a lot."

Nadal finally praised Indian Wells: "It's difficult to imagine a better place to play golf in than this one. It's fantastic for me that I love golf. It's a great feeling. I always love this place a lot, one of the tournaments I feel most comfortable in, the support of the crowd is obviously always huge and for me, it's even more special after missing this tournament last year. It's just crazy how the things have been going the last years, the way the tournament improved, all the job that the organization and the team of Larry Ellison have been doing. Us as players can only thank for investing and believing in our sport. He (Ellison) is very passionate, he likes to play, to follow, he cares about this sport."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uCo1Dd

No comments