Breaking News

Roger Federer compares Felix Auger-Aliassime to Rafael Nadal

In an interview to Radio Canada, Roger Federer commented on the 18-year-old Felix-Auger Aliassime's potential. The Canadian reached his maiden ATP 500 final at the Rio Open in February and he is doing well in Miami as well. Federer trained with Auger-Aliassime in December 2017 during the off-season. "I saw what he has of special when I trained with him in Dubai. Unfortunately, he got hurt there while practicing," Federer said following his close win over Radu Albot on Saturday. "The way he is able to hit fast on the forehand, backhand and first serve is something that will be very important for him in the future. After, his footwork is amazing too. He even manages to slide on hard. That's the new generation, they may be less afraid than us."

Federer compared Auger-Aliassime to some of the greatest legends in the game with respect to some aspects: "I like his attitude. For someone who is as young as him, it's impressive, we saw it in the past with Lleyton Hewitt or Rafael Nadal, guys who are already mentally strong. I think we can put him a bit on that category. I am always happy when he wins. I will definitely follow him in the next 15 years."

Auger-Aliassime said: "I try to play good tennis every time I’m out there on the court, so that’s been my way of thinking and that’s how I play my best tennis as well.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TwkfoK

No comments