Breaking News

Roger Federer did not know what to do against Albot - Pundit

The Sky Sport pundit Elena Pero was surprised at seeing Roger Federer going through so many difficulties to overcome Radu Albot. The Swiss cameback to defeat the 29-year-old in three sets, 4-6 7-5 6-3. Pero believes Federer was influenced by playing on the Hard Rock Stadium for the first time in his career. "This year it's completely different as they play in a new venue", said Pero. "Federer struggled, he did not know what to do, he knows all the tournaments courts and he even forgot what his coach told him. Federer had never trained or competed against Albot, so that's an extra difficulty."

The fellow expert Filippo Volandri added: "Being on a new stage can distract you. When players achieve good results on a certain court, they always play well even if they may lost. Here everything is new, there is sun and shines, so it's not easy to play especially like Federer who takes the ball early."

Analyzing Federer's next match against Filip Krajinovic, Pero concluded: "In Basel last year Federer went through a three-setter against Krajinovic. Then he can have a bad day, but he is training hard and on Wednesday he even practiced at 9:00 AM."

Federer commented on the keys to success: "Going to the back end, I do not even know where to start from in thanking my dearest ones, family and friends. Although I did not always make my best choices and I made some mistakes, I always wanted to be respectful and I let myself get drived from my heart."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JHNJAz

No comments