Breaking News

Roger Federer explains the toughest part about fatherhood

Roger Federer believes that his life improved since when he became a father for the first time back in 2009. The Swiss player aims to do his best both on and off the court. "It did not change a lot, it's hard sometimes saying no even though you are like, It does not make a big difference but I did not need to have kids for a wake up call in my life but it's the most incredible thing in the to world to have kids in general and having that responsibility", said Federer. "I feel very fortunate I can travel with them around the world and I discovered the cities now from a different angle. They are so cute, well-educated, they like travelling, they get excited when they go on a plane or when they come to zoo or even tennis with me. I never saw myself in a vision as a tennis player and father and husband at the same time. For me it was like, Hopefully I would win Wimbledon one day, I would be number one one day and probably have a girlfriend."

What will he do once his career stops? "Foundation, sports, tennis, staying in Switzerland and then just business. We will see where that takes me, I have always been very interested as well. That's been a very fascinating time."

On his Foundation, Federer added: "Clearly tennis is my priority but the Foundation is only going to get more important as we move forward from here. It's so inspiring to raise awareness, money and help others. Giving back for me, that's how I was brought up through my mom and my dad and so I have that opportunity through my mom and my dad and so I have that opportunity playing and doing it at the same time, it's pretty amazing I must say. I am very lucky in this respect and I hope I can keep it up and then hopefully I will get my kids involved and explain them about values and that they should be doing the same hopefully in the future."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U5oFY9

No comments