Breaking News

Roger Federer explains why he helps kids in Africa through his Foundation

In a recent interview, Roger Federer commented on what led him to start his own Foundation back in 2003 and play charity matches. The Swiss player visited South Africa multiple times over the last decade. "What kept me going was me going to South Africa on vacation when I was a little boy. My mom is from South Africa, she was born in Johannesburg, the values she and my dad taught me. And when I got into tennis I was finally able to make some money, and make a name for myself, you feel fortunate, and how do you share that feeling with other people, I just thought that education is something that really interests me, I thought let me get stuck into childhood education, early education", said the 37-year-old.

Federer also commented about Bill Gates' influence on him. They played doubles together in 2017 in Seattle and in 2018 in San Jose. "Reading about Bill, just hearing him about philantrophy, how great he and Melinda do in the world, and then the passion. I am obviously doing it all out of a passion, but he has been doing it for a long long time and on a much bigger scale, that's super inspiring."

Gates added: "I was very impressed talking to Roger and his team, how they are helping out with the school systems in South Africa, it's an excellent cause. Those education systems after-school or school activities, people who show they care."

Almost everything. How to enjoy it, how to hit the ball.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FJjTXb

No comments