Breaking News

Roger Federer explains why wife Mirka ended her tennis career

In an interview to Nos, Roger Federer commented on his wife Mirka Vavrinec's retirement from professional tennis. Mirka achieved a career-high ranking at No. 74 in 2001 but her career did not last long. "She had a problem with her foot, she could not walk properly anymore she had surgery, she tried to comeback and if comeback would have been okay and the pain were gone away she would have kept on playing, but her foot today still hurts her sometimes, so it did not go well for her and the decision was simple. She found a great place in my life first as a girlfriend and now as a wife, incredibly supportive. I could have never asked for a better girlfriend and wife, she has been the best throughout all these years and it has been wonderful', said Federer.

Federer also recalled his matches with the current Rotterdam Open Tournament Director Richard Krajicek: "I remember one of them, the second I kind of forgot. It was in Rosmalen, he was coming back from an injury but I remember that match very well because I also enjoyed Richard's game and having been a Wimbledon champion, in the middle of the Sampras era was a big deal. For me to play him was a big moment, like when I had the chance to play against the Moyas, the Henmans, everybody else on tour and who I had seen from TV. I remember I played a big match against Henman in Vienna, I won that, so good memories from playing against Richard but it was cool to play against him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U5QkZD

No comments