Breaking News

Roger Federer: I am going through my most relaxing time in career

In an interview with Tennis Channel, Roger Federer analyzed how his life has changed during the last 20 years. The 20-time Grand Slam winner is now a veteran tennis player, but he greatly appreciates his start in tennis. "I definitely enjoyed the time when I came up on the Tour, I played against my heroes and the guys I knew from TV, that was generally may be the most exciting time of my career," said Federer. "It was disbelief to share the locker room with likes of (Pete) Sampras, Andre (Agassi), (Carlos) Moya, (Tim) Henman, (Jim) Courier, (Pat) Rafter, I loved it."

He also said, "That was a great, great time, amazing people, unbelievable characters too. (Goran) Ivanisevic and (Marc) Rosset, there was so much fun. It was really genuine, so cool, it wasn't so professional like it was today, I was just looking around and I was like, Oh my god, this is like a kid in a candy store. Later on when I got onto sort of the domination phase back in 2004, just going from one thing to the next, trying to cope and get organized, from doing a red carpet to go to win again, back for another interview, win, pressure. Just managing that was an amazing time in my life, I learned so much in such a short period of time, and then you entered the stage now as a dad, everything is so much more settled and I can really just enjoy what I am doing, and I think it is maybe the most exciting because it's the most relaxing, the most calm period, it's not so calm with the kids but it's just calm overall because I know where I am, I know what I want to achieve, I can't play every week so it gives me more time back and for me to do other things. I have a good balance and I like it that way."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OeiATO

No comments