Breaking News

Roger Federer: In the beginning I did not know whom to trust

In tennis, winning usually helps you to have more confidence in yourself. Roger Federer was lucky in this aspect as he enjoyed big success in tennis since a young age - at 21 years he won his maiden Major title at 2003 Wimbledon defeating Mark Philippoussis in a straight-set final - but in an interview with Tennis Channel's Mary Carillo, the Swiss player admitted he had to overcome difficulties.

"Very often, I have badly been disappointed in my life. I think that was the hardest part for me early on in my career to understand who to trust," admitted Federer. "It was hard, I did not enjoy that because you feel like people are jumping on the train early on, because they predict you are going to be good and they want to be there, at the breakthrough. And then later on you realize, Oh, he is maybe in it for the wrong reasons, yet he is a nice guy but can I trust him or not. It's something I wish I could help some of the younger guys coming up and tell them, Do this way, you know who to trust, build the team and then you hope that these people do everything for the player but yet the player needs to respect in a big way just because you pay them the salary doesn't mean you own them, so I think that was complicated but I learned a lot from that and it made me the person I am today and so definitely lucky with the people I have around myself there."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UKLhdr

No comments