Breaking News

Roger Federer is the most successful player ever, says Boris Becker

The six-time Major winner Boris Becker praised Roger Federer's longevity. The 2017 Australian Open final win by the Swiss over Rafael Nadal is still in Becker's mind. "One of the great matches we have seen in a long time, two legends were playing at their best in a Grand Slam final and they are not the youngest anymore, so it's good to see him back on the court. He is rejuvenated, he is healthy, he is the most successful player of all time and when this guy is healthy...", said the German.

Asked about the keys to success, Becker said having solid basics is the key: "I think the foundation is important but it starts with what you really love to do, that takes you to hopefully amazing success, and then have a good group of people around you who support you."

Federer enjoys his life on tour: "Travelling and moments like when you come to a place and enjoy it as a tourist but also at the same time still play", recognized the 20-time Grand Slam winner. "I will only be a tourist or only be a dad which I am super happy to do and I am looking forward to just being a dad and a husband which is one of my favourite things to do in my life, but then there will gonna be so many other things to do later on. I have a Foundation that is very dear to my heart. So there is so many other things I look forward to doing one day but for now, tennis is my love and I can combine it with a healthy, nice family and as long as they enjoy it as well I keep playing."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FqBOTA

No comments