Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'It's been quite a journey with Rafael Nadal side by side'

Roger Federer commented on the differences between him and Rafael Nadal. Fans got passionate about their rivalry just because they represent different contrasts of styles, as admitted by the Swiss. "I think we are very different, you know, sort of personalities or maybe also player types. The way we go about it is very different, but yet we both find a way to excel. You know, and also, just that maybe he's very -- the way he came up was very clay-court based, and I was apparently very grass-court based, and we both found our ways also on the other surface. When he came up, I was already World No. 1. So clearly that adds to the -- him trying to figure things out and getting there himself while I was at the top. I think it all adds to the cool rivalry that we had. And then you add all the foundation stuff we have had, promotional things we have done for the tour, political things, whatever it has been, you know, it's been quite a journey with Rafa side by side", said Federer.

On his next opponent in the Sunday final, Dominic Thiem, the Swiss concluded: "He is playing very well, he is using the kicks, they are very effective, the spins - they really bounce up higher in the desert - in the desert air and he is one of the fittest guys there and we can hit the ball the hardest and this surface suits him well for that I have played him on clay, on grass, indoors, hard court outdoors too after Brisbane so I really hope I can play very aggressive against him, but I like the style he uses, the spins and the variations very effectively and for that I think we will see interesting points tomorrow, which I think is also gonna be very interesting for the fans."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2T8RyOw

No comments