Breaking News

Kohlschreiber reveals the key moment of his win over Novak Djokovic

Philipp Kohlschreiber was definitely overwhelmed with his straight-set win over Novak Djokovic in Indian Wells. Speaking to reporters the German player said: "I think the very crucial moment was beginning of the first set. I survived I think four break points. Didn't play that clever at that moment, especially some easy shots I missed. So I let some opportunities let go. But after that, I felt like, okay, I'm getting there, I'm feeling the ball well. I'm also feeling that my opponent is not able to play his A-game. He's struggling. He doesn't like to play the balls that high. Yeah, I would say after 3-All in the first set I felt like, Okay, it's the way the match goes, you know, getting closer to the set, holding my service games, which is not easy against Novak, because he's such a great returner. So I know from that point on it's gonna be a very interesting match."

Kohlschreiber always tries to achieve his maximum potential: "I'm not the biggest guy on tour. I'm not serving out easily some matches, so I have to work very hard for my victories. Also, today, it's hard work. We had a lot of long rallies. Also depends a little bit on the opponents. Maybe people say that I have a huge talent. Of course, I can do a lot of things, but as I mentioned, I need to work for every point. I'm not, whatever, 6-foot-something. And always, you know, mentally, it's not easy. Sometimes if you serve out the match with four easy first serve, that's easy. But if you have to fight for every point, sometimes also the mental component is very important. I know I have a big -- I can play big tennis, but I also have to work a lot of things, not only one stroke. My footwork has to be good and groundstrokes on both sides have to be good. As I said, it's not sometimes so easy for me to play that consistent over four, five matches, because I need many things to work out very, very well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2u9bAyq

No comments