Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'My life is totally different than 20 years ago'

Roger Federer believes hat there are a lot of differences in his game and mentality between now and 20 years ago when he made his first appearance in the Rotterdam Open losing to the tennis legend Yevgeny Kafelnikov in a tight quarter-final match. "It's totally different now", Federer admitted speaking to Nos. "The love for the game is still there but in 1999 I was trying to make the breakthrough. 1999 was different, it was new, I was just trying to see how I could compete against the best players in the world back in the day it was Kafelnikov in Rotterdam in 1999. It was a great experience that taught me a lot about life, losing, winning, everything. I am just happy I am still in the game."

For Federer, the past is very important: "Tennis players always look back. Whenever you see a round from the juniors, you rememeber the junior times. We are being reminded of what we did but you are as only good as your last match so that's why it's continuous work, trying to improve. I hope I have improved over the years trying to change my game. Compared to 1999 it's a different technique, not even wanting to change so much but because of the racket's technology, strings, becoming stronger and understanding my game better, making some adjustements with my coaching team. So a lot has happened in the midtime, a lot of media attention, fame, so it has been an interesting journey to say the least", concluded the Swiss, who holds 100 career titles.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Flm8k9

No comments