Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals what he likes the most about Stefanos Tsitsipas

On Indian Wells media day Roger Federer commented on Stefanos Tsitsipas's progress. The Greek player won his maiden career-title at last week's Stockholm Open and this year he reached his maiden Grand Slam semifinal at the Australian Open defeating Federer. The Swiss took revenge last week in the Dubai final. "I liked improvement, who wouldn't like that because I think he started the season last year ranked around 90 so here we are here 13, 14 months later and he is in the top 10, first Greek to ever do it. It's an amazing accomplishment. I am sure a lot of things are right, his parents have done a lot of things right so I think that's very proud of him. I like how he is able to win points in different ways and he is taking a ball early which is very important if you want to win the big events', said Federer.

What makes him believe that he will win his sixth title in Indian Wells? "Healthy, getting over the jet lag well, my game is in place, I played well in Dubai and also in Australia. I like the desert air to dry over the humidity. I like it, I preferred. It feels almost like a holiday destination to some extent. The fans really come to the tennis here, I am not sure how many people really live around here, they take some time off and enjoy this tournament, then it's here not just for a week but two weeks so you sort of saddle and enjoy it more so it's a great event, it has grown a lot."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UtFWHb

No comments