Breaking News

Roger Federer shares why he was extra motivated in Indian Wells first match

In an interview just after his win over Peter Gojowczyk, Roger Federer revealed why he was extra motivated heading into the match to face the German. The Swiss loves competing at the BNP Paribas Open where he has won five titles. "I have been coming here for a long time, I think last time I lost in the first round was back in 2001 I read before this game so that gave me a bit of a boost and I know the Indian Wells tournament used to be held at the two other places at the High and also at La Quinta so I have only known this place but I have seen it grow and really go from strength to strength and I definitely feel well, condition suit me well here, I believe even though you hear it from a lot of players that it is tough to play here because of the desert air and the ball flying a lot. The spin has been taking off but I actually played really well for the most part," said Federer.

On Pete Sampras attending his match, Federer added: "I saw him yesterday at the game when Novak Djokovic was playing and texted me to say like he is coming this weekend and we are looking to maybe catch up together and then today I totally forgot that he was here or maybe he was going to be here and then I only got told that he was sitting front row because I guess I was too focused and playing and then I saw him at the very end from afar so I hope I get."

Federer reached the fourth round on Wednesday evening after defeating Stan Wawrinka in the all-Swiss third round, in straight sets 6-3, 6-4. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HkDRuh

No comments