Breaking News

Roger Federer will always be the GOAT whatever Djokovic, Nadal do - Grylls

In an exclusive interview with Tennis World USA, the TV presenter Bear Grylls praised Roger Federer. They worked together to film an episode of With Bear Grylls in the Wild in the Swiss Alps in February 2017 just a few weeks after the Basel native had won his first Grand Slam in more than four years beating Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final. The year before, Federer had gone through knee surgery. Asked if Federer will still be the greatest player of all time also when Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal will eventually break his 20 Grand Slam titles record, Grylls said: "To me he will always be the GOAT, and even with his huge rivalry with Rafa, who I love also, it is cool to witness that Roger has, at the end of his career, figured out how to beat Rafa so consistently by pace, take the ball early and give all-out aggression. I love that."

Grylls admires Federer as a tennis player: "The two best matches I ever saw in tennis were his Australian Open 2017 final win over Rafa and his (2009) Wimbledon final win over (Andy) Roddick both epic five-setters. To watch that Wimbledon one live was such a privilege I will never forget. I went with my mother in law who loves Roger and she squeezed my leg so tight through that fifth set that she almost drew blood!"

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UFBq8D

No comments