Breaking News

Sam Stosur: I really like the courts in Miami

Sam Stosur progressed into the Second Round of the Miami Open following a straight sets win over Evgeniya Rodina. She overcame the Russian  6-4, 6-2 in a match that last an hour and a half to next to extend her win-loss record over Rodina to 3-0.

She is set to face American Madison Keys in what promises to be an exciting Second Round clash and the winner of these two likely to face Ash Barty if she too progresses into the Third Round. This will be the first time in 5 years that Stosur and Keys are set to go head to head with the Australian winning both their matches in 2013.

“I really like the courts; I think the colour is fantastic. Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting the event in the new location, and it’s nice to be back (in Miami) again,” Stosur said.

“I guess we (Keys and I) have both got a bit more experience than back then; she was pretty young when I played her last time. We all know how well she can play – she has a big game, big serve, big forehand. She’s made semis of Slams."

“I’m gonna have to play really well, but I’m looking forward to the challenge," a rather positive Stosur further added.

The two are set to play at night at the Miami Open with a number of matches being shifted around due the rain delay.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Cyj827

No comments