Breaking News

Thiem explains the toughest part in facing Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic

Roger Federer does not show his emotions too much during match, always standing out for his sportsmanship. Dominic Thiem was aware of the Swiss player's cool factor prior to the Indian Wells final. "I saw enough matches from him that he's really calm throughout the match", said the world No. 4. "But it's tough against Roger, Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and some other guys, because you have to beat not only the player but somehow also the great aura they all have, all these titles they have won. So you have to play somehow double good to beat them."

Analyzing his success in California and what's coming up next at the Miami Open, Thiem replied: "I always said that I love the conditions here. It's pretty similar to clay. It's a pretty slow hard court with a good bounce, especially during the day. But still, it's amazing that I did my first big title here on a different surface than clay. What makes me happy that I turned pretty bad start to the season to a very good one. I'm back in the top 8 in the race. I'm 4 in the rankings, which is my best ranking. So I turned it from really bad into really good. Well, I said before, I try to keep that momentum and try to keep that up, because the title is, of course, amazing. It will stay there forever. But it would be nice if I could hold this shape, all these positive emotions also in the next tournament and then in every tournament I play."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UMITD6

No comments