Breaking News

Thiem picks three tennis players for football team, includes Rafael Nadal

In a press conference, Dominic Thiem was asked the players he would pick in a football team if he had to. The Austrian player is a passionate football fan, he cheers for FC Chelsea and he often plays football. "I'm happy with my team, but if you get me three free drafts, I would get Bautista. I hear that he played all his childhood and youth in Villarreal. I never saw him play, but I heard that he's the best out of the football players. Then I would get Rafa Nadal for the wing because for sure he's an amazing football player. And, who else? I'll get Dzumhur. I play with him. Really quick and good guy", said Thiem.

Thiem also commented on Gael Monfils's retirement from their quarter-final match in Indian Wells: "I was really surprised because I was there at the golf cart waiting for 10, 15 minutes. And of course obviously then after 10, 15 minutes, I was suspecting something, because it's not normal. Then I wanted to go back to the restroom, and then Gaël came to me, and, yeah, said that he hurt his knee, I think, in the warmup. Yeah, I mean, I'm really sorry for him. Obviously, we are both playing well here. He's having a great season. I'm picking up my form again. So I think it would have been a very tough but also very fun match for us, for the crowd. So it's a pity, but, well, I mean, it's almost in every big tournament like this that at one point one match cannot be played because of one guy's injured. It's sad, but, yeah."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2W5WMwa

No comments