Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Hubert Hurkacz makes life difficult for a lot of players'

Roger Federer enjoyed his straight-set win over Hubert Hurkacz in Indian Wells on Friday. The Swiss player prevailed in straight sets, 6-4 6-4, and in an on-court interview, he said: "It was very tough, great player. I see what he has, why makes life difficult for a lot of the players, he could serve whether deafening spells at the moment but that will only improve. Same for a big guy, like so many tall guys now, they move so well nowadays, and I then it was breezy so it was difficult for both of us but overall I thought it was a very good match and I was very pleased with my performance. I am very excited."

Federer got four straight-set wins in the tournament so far which makes him pleased: "Those are the weeks you got to take it when you are feeling so good, I have had a great to the season at the Hopman Cup and also in Australia, I felt really good. December build-up was good, February was nice to take some time off again and reset everything and come back strong in Dubai, I did that and here we are. So it's not by coincidence that I am playing as well as I am right now. Importance is just to keep your focus, enjoy yourself out there and really go for your shots because at the end of the day now I have got the confidence and this is what I got to play to win."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2W4B5N3

No comments