Breaking News

Training with Roger Federer was so fun for me, says Hubert Hurkacz

In a press conference, Hubert Hurkacz recalled his training session with Roger Federer at the Shanghai Masters last year. The Swiss said Hurkacz apologized every time he was making an unforced error. Hurkacz said: "It was just practice session. I mean, hitting with him is something different. It was a lot of fun for me. Yeah, playing a match is even more fun. And now especially here in the quarterfinal is something special for me.

Asked who were his childhood idols, Hurkacz replied: "Many players, top players. I mean, Roger, Pete earlier. Yeah, Novak, Rafa, and there are others."

On his beginnings in tennis, Hurkacz concluded: "My mother used to play tennis. Yeah, that's how it started. I mean, I started to get some lessons from my coach, and, yeah, it begins early when I was, like, around five."

Milos Raonic about how he had Vasek Pospisil, and now Denis Shapovalov has Felix Auger-Aliassime. Being by himself in Poland, does it make it more difficult? "No. Kubot is here. He had a great singles career and now he won Wimbledon in doubles, Australian Open. I mean, he's playing here also quarterfinal today. So not alone. Especially like Radwanska just finished her career last year. I mean, she had a great career, for so many years top 10. Yeah."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uecGZI

No comments