Breaking News

Andre Agassi Teams Up with Bobby Turner to Inaugurate School in Modesto

Tennis - Former World No. 1 Andre Agassi has teamed up with Bobby Turner of Turner Impact Capital, a social impact investment firm, to form the Turner-Agassi Charter School Facilities Fund. The two have combined forces with the goal of building a total of 105 schools across the United States that will help educate 57,000 students, according to ABC10 and they were in Modesto on Friday to inaugurate the Aspire University Charter School and Vanguard College Preparatory Academy.

In an interview, the eight-time Grand Slam champion commented, "I've been involved in education for 20-plus years. I started my own school through philanthropic efforts in the most economically challenged area of Las Vegas. For me, giving children hope through education was the only way to make real systemic change. When I was born, my father said I was going to be a tennis player and I dropped out of school as a result in 8th grade. I am not passionate about this, I am fanatical. I do have other responsibilities. I still have my foundation, which is highly focused on specific areas of grants of educational purposes. I do have some things that keep me connected to the sport of tennis because it has given me the platform to do what I love."

The new campus in Modesto is more than 67,000 square feet and will cater to 1,000 students. It also has two tennis courts.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vmGeoD

No comments