Breaking News

Breaking Margaret Court's record is Serena Williams's No. 1 goal - Coach

In a recent interview,  Serena Williams's coach Patrick Mouratoglou commented on the American's player remaining goals for the upcoming future. For Williams, breaking Margaret Court's record is the priority. "The No. 1 goal is to have two more Grand Slam titles. For now I just focus on it. I am not focused on the after yet. What's sure is that when i have time, I will be happy to give it to my Academy. Then in the end I will take a player. I spent a lot of time lately with Serena. I was switching from ATP to WTA. Before Serena, it was Grigor Dimitrov... It needs to be a motivating project. Is Stefanos Tsitsipas an opportunity? I do not focus on 50 things in the same time. For now I am focused on Serena. I will ask myself the question the day when she stops. With her everything is possible, she can keep going for a year or five. As long as the desire is there..", said Mouratoglou.

On the French tennis not featuring too many great players, Mouratoglou added: "I think the training lacked over these 12 years of dominance by four players (Simon, Tsonga, Gasquet, Monfils). They were not replaced and we pay the price for that today. It does not mean there is no one because Lucas Pouille, Ugo Humbert and Corentin Moutet play very well, Halys so and so. There is a little group that did not mature, none of them including Lucas and the others. Tennis has changed. You do not breakthrough at 17 years on Tour anymore. The average age on the top 100 is 24 years, even though in general the strong guys come there earlier. Now the career mostly happens between 24 and 34 years than 20-30 years like before. The French tennis doesn't need to get panicked."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VnYw7w

No comments