Breaking News

Breaking Roger Federer's Major records not my goal now - Kuhn

In an interview to Punto de Break, Nikola Kuhn commented on how it feels to train with a legend like David Ferrer. "With Ferrer, it's very good, even more now that he is at the end of his career. It's a pity that he retires, he is fit. What amazes me the most is his professionalism, maybe another would come and play those last two tournaments with another mentality but he keeps doing the same since the first day where I knew him, it's crazy. The first match of him that I saw live was in the 2009 Valencia Open between David Ferrer and Nico Almagro. A big match, so I always want to train with him and sharing the court with him is something very special. I am one more guy who plays tennis well and who off the court is the same as everybody. Because people ask me photos I do not think I am better than anyone, I do not get tense for it. My only goal is to focus on my tennis. It's nice when people stop you on the street and asks you to take a photo, obviously, but I see it more as a prize for my job. In Roger Federer's case, when everybody goes to see him, we are speaking of a legend, I am no one compared to him."

At 17 years of age Kuhn once said he wanted to break Roger Federer's Grand Slam titles record. "My goal has not changed, but now I have other main goals than thinking how many Majors Roger has won (laughter). You will have to start thinking about the first and then adding other ones", he insisted.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2L7vGUS

No comments