Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev shares why beating Novak Djokovic was important to him

Daniil Medvedev is the player who scored most match wins this year, ahead of Roger Federer and Stefanos Tsitsipas. "I did not know it", admitted the Russian player in an interview to Punto de Break. "I think it's because I played more tournaments. That's okay, but the most important thing is to win matches of the last rounds because it's where I can raise on the rankings the most. My match win over Novak Djokovic in Monte Carlo gave me 180 points, which are very important at these levels. I am happy to have this number, but I want more."

Medvedev won his maiden ATP 500 in last year's Tokyo and he made steps forward more and more. Last week he defeated Novak Djokovic to reach the Monte Carlo Masters semifinals. "The key was that I started taking tennis in a different way. Before, I took it as a job, but sometimes I was telling myself: Now take it being calmer. In a lot of little details, I took my way easier. Everything changed in the 2018 preseason, before January. I started dedicating my whole life about tennis and I did all that I could to be a better player. I trained better, lived better, made sacrifices and now everything is much better than before. Everything is about working."

Asked if he aims to crack the top ten rankings, Medvedev replied: "I try not to think too much about it. I know that if I crack the top ten or I reach the ATP Finals, I will get more attention from the pressure. This situation does not bother me at all."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VsSyCu

No comments