Breaking News

David Ferrer: Federer, Djokovic, Nadal helped me to have more ambition

In an interview, David Ferrer gave his thoughts on Rafael Nadal's game style and personality. Ferrer, who has faced Nadal multiple times including the most recent one at last year's US Open first round, said: "My tennis is about point after point. The same thing happens when you speak of Rafa Nadal in this way: he has an amazing body but an uncommon talent. Nadal, (Roger) Federer, (Novak) Djokovic, and (Andy) Murray made me a better tennis player and they helped me to have more ambition. I have a very good relationship with Rafa's family. We have met each other for many years and I appreciate him and his family a lot. He is a Real Madrid fan and (of) football and me not so much, although I like Barcelona. I like sports in general. I also spoke a lot with Toni and I learned many things from him, his philosophy. And Rafa as well, he is an example (to follow)."

The best year in his career? "Without a doubt, 2012. I won seven titles. In 2013 I was the world no. 3, but in 2012 I played my best tennis."

Asked what suggestion he would give to kids who dream of becoming tennis players, Ferrer replied: "Most of all, (to) enjoy a lot and not get influenced by the pressure of winning at a very young age. Studying until a certain age as well and having a healthy lifestyle."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PdniSi

No comments