Breaking News

David Ferrer: 'I feel sorry for not winning the Barcelona Open'

On Sunday, in the Barcelona Open David Ferrer was paid a tribute by the Barcelona Open on the Rafa Nadal Court just before the men's singles final between Dominic Thiem and Daniil Medvedev. "I was finally able to conquer this trophy! This week was unbelievable and this moment is very special. I thank all what the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona, where I came since I was a kid, has done for me", said Ferrer, who won 30 matches and lost 15. "Me and the Tournament Director Albert Costa lived great moments together in the tournaments, in the Davis Cup and for many years we shared our careers. I am very grateful to all my coaches and friends because they shaped me as a player and person and they were always part of my life. My parents were an example for me. I was just six or five years old when you brought me to the tournament. I feel sorry for not having been abke to win."

On his coach Ivan Lendl, Alexander Zverev, who played in Barcelona this year, said: "I regularly call Ivan. He watches my matches and he gives me advice. In these difficult times, I was with my father more often than Lendl. That's why I hope my father recovers soon."

Zverev also denied he is thinking about his brother Mischa to become his agent: "I am not legally authorized to speak with other agents now. That's why there is not a solution yet. I will look at it in the future."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GUaHRp

No comments