Breaking News

David Ferrer: 'I would love to see Federer, Nadal,Djokovic playing forever'

In a recent interview, David Ferrer commented on his perspective towards the Next Generation and Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. The Spanish player said: "You can already see some little changes. We see some new top ten players and the top players keep being at the top. But in the end, the new generation will open his way and in professional sports, nothing is forever. Hopefully, the Big Three will last forever. Because, as a fan, I would love to see them playing."

And as a tennis player. "It's always the same question. What would I have been without Nadal? "Look, in an era where three players got combined, that one of them was always No. 1 with an enormous difference than the rest. And to these three you have to add Andy Murray, who retires because he is too often injured. I see it as guys who made me better. Coinciding with them was great."

And what missed to him to be like the Big Three? "I do not really know. To win a Grand Slam, I suppose I had to serve better. Those free points that do not make you get tired. But I was at the top for a lot of years."

What things would he do differently if he could look back? "I would have evolved much before at the net. In the fitness training, I would have not done many things, but you have a lot of things about the fitness training that now we know and before we didn't. I would change the decisions I took in my life, but sometimes you have to take a decision and accept the consequences so that you do not make the same mistake again. From 2009 it was a transition time in my tennis career when I could take decisions on my own. I was professional from 2002 but honestly, I think that from 2009 I started taking my decisions."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Dv1X24

No comments