Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'I am not overly confident for my win over Roger Federer'

Dominic Thiem believes that he will not feel overconfident because of his maiden Masters 1000 title in Indian Wells where he defeated Roger Federer in a three-set final. The Austrian player said: "I already reached other finals and I do not have more confidence for that title, but I am very happy of having this big title because not too many players have it. It's very difficult to win a Masters 1000, especially in Indian Wells, probably the best tournament after the Majors."

Felix Auger-Aliassime is one of the best younger players on the tour and he has had a great year so far having reached his maiden career final at the Rio Open and the Miami Open semifinals. However, for his father studying must continue to be one of the priorities for the 18-year-old Canadian. "My dad messaged me the other day and said ‘I have three pieces of advice: Keep working hard, stay the same person and find a school’. He wants me to go back to school, so I have to find an online school now. Having these kinds of people around you helps you stay the same person. I’m lucky to have great people around me. They’re always saying the right things and helping me do the right work", confessed Auger-Aliassime who admitted he was surprised about his recent success. “I never expected that I was going to be here this early. That was always my dream and I’m still following it. Even just a few months ago, I was trying to break into the Top 100 and maybe thinking about Top 50 at the end of the year. [It's great] being in the Top 30, but there was also a lot of work put behind it. I’m just enjoying myself now.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vnmC3B

No comments