Breaking News

Dominic Thiem to keep working with coach Nicolas Massu after Miami Open

The co-operation between Dominic Thiem and the former Olympic champion Nicolas Massu goes on. Thiem's mother, Karin, announced the news in an interview to La Tercera. "Yeah, they will keep working together," she said. "After seven weeks where he listened to Nicolas's suggestions on a daily basis, Dominic decided to continue the journey they started in Buenos Aires." A few days ago, Massu had said that it would be up to Thiem on whether to continue their partnership or not. Under Massu's guidance, the 25-year-old won his maiden Masters 1000 title in Indian Wells. Massu is set to be Chile's Davis Cup captain this year. Thiem will also keep working with Gunter Bresnik who pretty much follows him in Europe and Austria where they train."

Analyzing his win over Roger Federer in the Indian Wells final, Thiem said: "It feels just unreal what happened in this ten days during the tournament. I came from a really bad form in all categories, and now I'm the champion of Indian Wells. It feels not real at all. It was a great week, and I think also a very good final today. Just amazing that I got here, my first really big title."

After an early exit at the Miami Open, Thiem will play the Monte Carlo Masters next, last year he lost to Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uNda9D

No comments