Breaking News

Fabio Fognini beat Rafael Nadal, he can produce top quality tennis -Lajovic

In a press conference, Dusan Lajovic praised Fabio Fognini's qualities. Following his straight-set set loss to the Italian in Monte Carlo, the Serb said: "I think that when he's focused and when he's playing well on clay, he's one of the toughest players to play. He's got fast shots, he's moving really well. His serve is not the best, but he's returning really well. He just knows how to play tennis on clay. And he beat Rafa Nadal yesterday in two sets, so he showed that he can produce top quality tennis. He deserved to win the title here."

Analyzing his loss, Lajovic added: "In the first set I think 2-1 I was serving. I had a couple of game points and a couple mishit forehands. I think it would be different if I was up 3-1. Maybe I could break again in this case. But as I said, he's there every point, and you've got to be really focused and play to the maximum. I felt like at times I didn't have solutions how to win points. But again, at times sometimes just playing heavy I was able to be more aggressive on the court, but it was not easy today. I think it would be different if I was up 3-1 maybe. And second set he started with a break, and then I broke back. So mentally, at some point of the sets, we were very close to each other. The margins were very small. But in the end, he was able to control the emotions and the momentum in both sets better than me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GBiJgS

No comments