Breaking News

Father explains why Dominic Thiem split with longtime coach Gunter Bresnik

In an interview to Laola, Dominic Thiem's father Wolfgang commented on the Austrian player's decision to split with his coach Gunter Bresnik and replace him with the former Olympic gold medal champion Nicolas Massu. "Dominic wants to take decisions and try different things", said Wolfgang. "If you have a very dominant father, you also want to try out something yourself and do one thing right or the other wrong. You have to make a mistake by yourself to decide what's right or wrong."

"My situation is not easy because Gunter is also a friend of mine. I get along well with Gunter, but I also have to see that everything fits Dominic. There are two hearts that beat inside me. One is friendship, but Dominic will always come first as my son."

On Massu, Wolfgang added: "I spoke with him just once in Salzburg. For Dominic, he is a very friendly guy. The two can be very good each other and they have been having a good relationship since the beginning. That's the most important thing."

"We have good guys here like Dennis Novak and Sebastian Ofner, as well as the No. 2 women's Julia Grabher. We won five titles between under 12 and 16 events and we are in the best position on this aspect. It's nice for me to shape and take younger guys who have potential. But in the future, I will definitely feel more involved with Dominic. I may have done too less in the last years."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Wc8tC0

No comments