Breaking News

Gluten-free diet is not the only key to his success, says Novak Djokovic

In a press conference, Novak Djokovic was asked if the gluten-free diet that he started in 2011 was the real key to his success. The Serb, who has won the last three Slams in a row, said: "It's more than just the gluten-free diet. It's just some circumstances came in life along for me, started playing tennis when I was four or five years old and I am grateful to the life to still have the opportunity to play the sport at my best. I always dreamed when I was a kid to be a multiple Grand Slam champion and to be in this position, so I tried to cherish every moment on the court, I tried to nurture all these great values and continuing respecting the lifestyle, the sport and because I want to achieve more I still feel like I have more juice in my legs."

Djokovic is a great champion off-court as well, having been running a Foundation for more than a decade: "Giving back is a responsibility and it's also a part of who we are, whether or not you are a tennis champion, an athlete or non athlete, you have to give back whatever we are here. We are created on this planet to live together alongside each other and help people that are less fortunate and the Foundation was created in 2007 and in 2011 we chose to have a mission and help children in education because we thought that we need to have a certain direction in order for us to have a right perspective and for the very generous donors to know where their money is going to. Education is the basis in the Foundation of children's life, and we are focusing on pre-school, childhood education in many different programms. We are renovating a lot of kindergartens and working with the Unicef so there is a lot going on but it's not a job, it's not work, as I said It's a responsability, a part of everybody's character and life values and something we just feel obliged to."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GmJ1nR

No comments