Breaking News

It's great to learn from Rafael Nadal in the Academy, says Casper Ruud

Casper Ruud feels satisfied so far with his experience at the Rafa Nadal Academy in Manacor. The Norwegian is having some good results since when he started training there in August 2018 and in an interview to Houston Chronicle, he commented on how it feels to have a champion like Nadal close to him. "He’s still much better than everyone at the academy. It’s been really good. It’s great learning from one of the best to ever to do it and from his coaches and his team. They have everything a professional player would need to train well and stay healthy. It was tough for me to stay for long periods in Norway and get pushed really hard", said Ruud.

Ruud would love to reach the top 50 rankings this year: “If you had told me at 16 I would be top 100 by 20 years old, I would take it any day of the week. I’m very happy with breaking through, but there are others who are doing even better. There’s quite a big group of young players that I grew up with who are already so high in the rankings, among the top 30 or 40. That’s good inspiration and motivation for me. If they can do it, why can’t I?", he asked.

Drawing differences with his son Casper, father Christian said: “I was maybe a more defensive player than Casper, which was how the game was played in the 1990s. I grew up watching (Mats) Wilander, Bjorn Borg and those guys. But the game has developed (to favour) the big hitters, so I’ve tried to give (Casper) more weapons than I had. He’s definitely more aggressive than me and hits the ball harder. You need to be more aggressive to succeed in today’s tennis.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IHRVPq

No comments