Breaking News

Lucas Pouille:There's no association between me and Serena Williams' coach

In a press conference at the Monte Carlo Masters, Lucas Pouille was asked if he has any association with Serena Williams's coach Patrick Mouratoglou at the Mouratoglou Academy. The French player said: "As regards Patrick, we don't have any association with the academy or Patrick himself. He kindly lent us his facilities, and I would like to thank him because it was incredible. I was able to prepare myself in a very good way. And then, as for the Davis Cup, I still think the same. I still believe it is not the real Davis Cup, and it will not look like the wonderful Davis Cup we used to know. But unfortunately this has been decided, and there is nothing we can do about it now."

On his next plans, Pouille added: "Here, Barcelona, Rome, Roland, and then we will see. But the thing is that the signup period is over, so I may ask for a wildcard somewhere. We will see after Barcelona."

On why he did not play clay-court tournaments prior to Monte Carlo, Pouille added: "I really needed to work on my physical side, and if I wanted to go to Marrakech, I didn't have enough time to prepare myself and to be strong enough. So I only had one week to be able to work, so it was very little time", concluded Pouille, who reached this year's Australian Open semifinals.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2v8NyUM

No comments