Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'In Indian Wells I was rusty'

In an interview to Tennis TV Novak Djokovic analyzed how his recent results have been. The Serbian player suffered losses to Philipp Kohlschreiber and Roberto Bautista Agut in March. "Maybe Miami was better, I started to play the game that I had in Australia at the beginning of the season, Indian Wells I was a bit rusty on the court and dropped out in the second match there. I had good training and preparation for Miami, won couple matches, I was pretty close to winning the third, but these things happen and you just have to move on. Historically I have been quite successful in Indian Wells Miami so I was definitely disappointed not to go far in one tournament, at least one of them, but I have no reason to doubt myself now or think that I am in crisis. I have been playing some of the best tennis of my career in the last ten to 12 months, so I am in a great position. I am training in this club, I am familiar with courts, and I look forward to starting the clay season hopefully in the best way", said Djokovic.

He feels at home competing in Monte Carlo: "I have been saying in the previous years that I have been participating in this tournament, it's been over ten years that I am part of the Monaco Tennis Masters and I know the guys who make the courts very well, I always have my family, the week before the tournament is also Easter Time, families come together, it's a beautiful place, beautiful weather. In terms of Centre Court setting, it does not get better than this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XeqH61

No comments