Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'At 11 years old I decided tennis was my sport'

In an interview, Novak Djokovic recalled his beginnings in tennis. The Serbian player said: "My father used to be a professional skier, also my uncle, my aunt, so I come from a family of skiers and I grew up on the mountain, so I love snow. I try every winter, even if I do not have much time, but after I come back from Australia I usually have some weeks and I try to go skiing for a few days. I know that people would say it's dangerous and many athletes are forbidden to ski but I am not, I try to be careful, obviously, I am not racing or something, I am just trying to enjoy with my family, my friends and it's lovely. I was racing when I was younger, I had few races but when I was 10, 11 I really decided I would go the professional way with tennis, that's my sport for me."

Djokovic also spoke about how he prepares to a match: "If I have a match late in the day my pre-match routine would usually be warming up for the match, either in the morning and then resting in the afternoon and coming for another warm up before the match, spending most of the time in the hotel, in the bed, just relaxing and then going to park, to nature, like in a walk around to be absorbing the energy from the nature and then just getting into the court."

Djokovic also commented on his gluten-free diet: "I discovered that in 2010, I did not know before that what beauty means, it became a part of my life, of my diet. I lost instantly in the first couple of months four or five kilos, it was a big change, but I believe this is the right thing to do. I became more focused, faster, more dynamic on the court, I feel great on and off the court and it has definitely helped me to feel better.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UZzPhu

No comments