Breaking News

Toni Nadal: 'I did not win anything, Rafael deserves his credit'

In an interview to El Confidencial, Rafael Nadal's uncle Toni commented on his co-operation with his nephew that ended in 2017. Toni believes that most of the credit needs to be given to the 17-time Grand Slam winner. "It's true that I have been with him since when he was three years old and I suppose that I may have brought something, but the player makes a difference. I did not win anything, my nephew gave me the opportunity to live some unimaginable experiences and I am very grateful to live. I may have played a huge factor when he was a kid. I would have done my same job even if Rafael was not successful and we did not win anything. I was very exigent because I knew Rafael aspired to something really difficult. I believe in the toughness as a weapon. It's very difficult to be very good at staying at the bar or without not working a lot. People who always speaks of sacrificio and losing things does not understand that everyone goes through it. Who is at the cinema with his wife cannot be at the same time at the bar with friends. You just make a choice."

"I liked the sport more before, when it was not all that stadium, without a lot of statistics. I have a more romantic perspective of the sport besides overcoming difficulties and the effort. Rafael needs to be grateful to live because it treated him much better than what we hoped to and, probably, much better than what he deserved. In the sport, we are close to the victory and very close to the loss a lot of times, you have to accept things how they come and try to give your best to win and find personal satisfaction in your life. If you are not able to deal with a loss, we'd better not play."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VRZIgB

No comments