Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: Grand Slams are the pinnacle of tennis

Novak Djokovic is almost always included on the debate of who would be the male tennis player left holding most Slam titles. The Serbian holds 15 crowns, two fewer than Rafael Nadal and five fewer than Roger Federer. The Serb said: "Grand Slams are the pinnacle of our sport, those are the four biggest events we have. There are a few things that stay on the history books that put your name in the history of the sport and probably the most important is how many Grand Slams you have won. It's why all the players dream to perform at their best in these events, dreaming of winning these tournaments, visualizing themselves being there on the court winning the last point. It's just a huge sense of relief and it's only the tennis players. If you see the football players, when they win a big title, Champions League, for example, a lot of them fall to the ground. There are so many emotions going through your mind and body and there is a huge pressure and expectations and importance of that moment. You are aware of that, you cannot put it aside and ignore it. You know that's part of you. If you are able to overcome all the difficulties like doubts, pressure and so forth then it allows you to get where you want to be."

Djokovic added: "I was surprised many times, sometimes pleasantly sometimes negatively surprise with the amount of attention I am getting. I think the experience of my childhood and the kind of circumstances that I am going through make me appreciate every single day and everything I get in life, I am grateful for trying every day to express my (fulfillment) to be where I am. I think it's very important to keep it in mind, this awareness, and at the end of the day I also try to face this fame, popularity, privileges, through Foundation, helping others by sharing my experience and knowledge, trying to be really involved in all this kind of different programs of giving back."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V3uCVY

No comments