Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Over the last four years things have changed a lot'

Novak Djokovic opened the season in style by winning the Australian Open, but then he had some surprising losses in Indian Wells, Miami and Monte Carlo. The Serbian player explained his recent low results in an interview to L'Equipe. "There are times when you feel good, where you are confident on the court, where the results are positive. Then you do not find your trust, you do not feel really comfortable. The consistency of my tennis has always been fantastic, but in the last four years things have changed a lot: I have two children now. I was hurt for a long time and the following day is always unpredictable. I have to remember that fifteen months ago l was injured and took a six-month break before undergoing elbow surgery.

I was No. 22 in the world and I thought I would never come back. People who look at us imagine that we are robots, that we do everything perfectly. But we are men like the others and have the same problems as everyone else. We need to be able to understand things positively and find a balance. For me, it's the number one priority: constantly looking for balance. It was the first time in my life that I had six months of rest. I was grateful because I had time to do things that I was not used to doing anymore. It is also the moment when my second child is born. It has been a very emotional time. But the injury also influenced my game in a bad way: technique-wise, I had to fix my serve, I changed this shot a lot. Then, I struggled to find the rhythm, controlling myself", said Djokovic.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GPfjYZ

No comments