Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are my biggest rivals'

In an interview, Novak Djokovic was asked what his biggest rival has been in his career. The Serbian player said: "Federer, Nadal, those are the guys that I have been battling my best rivalries for many years but we have new players and new faces coming up that are not only performing well but also winning against the top players in the big tournaments and it's good for the sport. Sport needs drivers but also sport needs new generations and players that are challenging for major battles."

Djokovic also commented on how he stays fit: "Everything that is about health, maintaining, breathing, techniques, nutrition, I am trying to fuel my body in the right way because that's what I live."

Djokovic spoke about his decision to reside in Monte Carlo: "It's very peaceful here and I like this place because I can have my privacy here. I do not get disturbed or bothered by anyone and I live a more normal life. For me it's important. It would be logical to assume that I'd spend as much time as I can in my homeland but that's not really possible at the moment. And as you never know where life takes you, I am not sure when it will be."

He also commented on what it means to be from Serbia: "My country has gone through a lot of difficulties, both political and economical. When I play or when I win big tournaments I represent myself First but I also represent my country and my people in Serbia who support and follow tennis. And I am very proud to do so. I hope I am bringing some happiness to them by what I achieved on the tennis court."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DkGEjN

No comments