Breaking News

Robin Haase comments on him, Rafael Nadal having courts named after them

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio, Robin Haase commented on how it feels to have a court named after him in the Rotterdam Open. The Dutch player said: "There are a few people who have courts named after players. I think Rafa Nadal has one (in Barcelona) as well. It's nice, it's the club where I grew up and it's nice that at a certain time they decided to give a few courts some names, and one of them is Richard Krajicek who has grown up in that club. One court was given to me and it's very special, I am proud. It does not happen often to players."

Asked how it feels to play Challengers, that are most of the times worse in terms of facilities than ATP events, Haase replied: "I do not mind to play Challengers. I played one because I wanted to have some matches on clay, also to get your body used for the surface. The Challengers are well organized, of course, you may not like one or two but it was an event organized by Patrick Mouratoglou and it was also nice to see all the Academy. It was good."

Asked about how the fans are in Cincinnati, he concluded: "Well, I don't know (smiling). I have been here three times and I lost two times first round. This is the furthest I have played. I have played on center court now. I have always played on the small courts, so I honestly cannot answer you."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2L1CC60

No comments