Breaking News

Roger Federer, Nadal, Sampras have the best forehands - Corretja

In an interview, the former world No. 2 Alex Corretja commented on what the best shots are to him. "Probably it would be the forehand, Sampras's was amazing, Roger Federer's is too and the Rafael Nadal one is so aggressive. As for serve I would pick Pete Sampras, so consistent, both on the first and second. My favourite shots: the backhand and passing", said the Spaniard.

Asked what legend of the history he would have liked to hit with, Corretja replied: "I was lucky to be able to play with John McEnroe because with the others I was able to do it almost in my time. Maybe with Rod Laver, because he is a legend of our sport, just to feel the elegance in front of you, very interesting."

He also made an interesting claim speaking of the Spanish tennis: "I would like to see more Challengers. I would like it were like in France in terms of opportunities. It would be good for all the people of tennis, players, coaches, doctors etc. If I could pick something: the weapons they have in France. You have to be calmer with the future of tennis. Everything happens all of a sudden in the matches, games, and I believe that it goes against fans. They should develop their game by thinking and not just hitting."

Asked about tips on how to become a great player Corretja replied: "The No. 1 condition is a solid mind. From there, you are able to hit a great serve and a great forehand. But the good head, without technique, tactics and body, does not guarantee you that you will be a good tennis player."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZN5v9d

No comments