Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'Being a team leader was a big step for me'

In a press conference in San Francisco, Serena Williams commented on her role as CEO of her fashion line. The American player said: "I'm the CEO on that team and that is where my CEO life started. I had to be a strong team leader in order for everyone to see my vision and see what I wanted and understand any expectations, goals, and what I want. It is important for me to have a focus. Focus is super key, especially when my head is in so many different places. And also, just enjoying what you do. I literally love looking at investment decks and meeting different founders and seeing their ideas and helping them bring it to life. It gives me this incredible insane joy and I absolutely thrive on that."

"When it came time for me to be a team leader, it was a really big step for me because it was something that I had never done before, and I was not comfortable with it. Yeah, I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but that is part of the journey to make mistakes and know what not to do and continue to grow and get better."

"I tell my coach and my fashion team, don't tell me what I'm doing right. I want to hear what I'm doing wrong so I can improve and become better...It is important and it is nothing that is negative. That is why the word 'constructive criticism' is super important. It is just how you take it. If you take it negatively, you know you will never have positive results."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PwY9Cj

No comments