Breaking News

Shapovalov: 'What Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have done is unbelievable'

In an interview to El Mundo Deportivo, Denis Shapovalov commented on the Big Three influence. "You can learn a lot from players like them. What Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have done is unbelievable, but I think everything is possible. We have been seeing very talented younger players", said Shapovalov.

Asked if he sees himself winning a Major when all the Big Three are still active, Shapovalov replied: "Definitely. When the time comes, I will be able to do it. They are very experienced, they have been dominating the tour for years and they have an advantage over the younger guys. We still have to see if the Next Gen is able to replace those players, but I think it's a matter of time that we win a Grand Slam."

On his relationship with clay, the 20-year-old said: "I feel very comfortable playing on clay, my game fits well, but I am still trying to improve. I grew up on hard courts and for me it's more natural to play there. I had a good season last year and hopefully, I can do well this year. I feel able to do well on clay. I am excited, it's a fun part of the season."

On his passion for basketball, Shapovalov concluded: "I follow the NBA play-offs and I think Toronto Raptors can win it, even if there are several very strong teams like Bucks. They have a solid team. Marc Gasol is a great addition, he has a lot of experience and he can helo Raptors to go to the next level."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GRX05B

No comments