Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas on how his mother has shaped up his mentality

In a press conference, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on how his mother Yulia has influenced his technique and shaped up his mentality. "My mom is Russian and some things that different culture provides you, for example the discipline from the Soviet Union times my mum passed through, pretty rough times when she used to play tennis and the system was really tough on her, so there was a lot of discipline involved in this and some certain things were supposed to be. The Russian culture helps you mature a little bit faster than with any other culture," said Tsitsipas.

The 20-year-old's ranking has remained unchanged at no. 8 this week but he eyes more progress: "The only option I have is to grow as a player, become better each year, that's the goal. The work I have put on my game back at the Academy where I am training in South of France with the right people that I am working with were constantly concentrated on developing each shot and make it even better than it was before, make my game more aggressive and confidence plays a very important role in my game. Yeah, developing all these aspects helped me become a better player so each year I aim for more than the year before, which keeps me motivated to do better, chase the rankings, go higher."

The Athens native is competing at the Monte Carlo Masters, he will open his campaign in the doubles draw on Tuesday.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KMVCFa

No comments