Breaking News

The last 18 months have been complicated, says Rafael Nadal

In an interview on Monday in Barcelona Rafael Nadal commented on his feelings ahead of the Barcelona Open where he will start his campaign on Wednesday against Leonardo Mayer. The world No. 2 seeks his 12th title there.

"The work is always the same and it's to find myself", said Nadal. "Over the last 18 months, I had many breaks and many ups and down not in terms of tennis because the level was great. Unfortunately, I came back to have more issues than I would have liked to, both at the beginning of the year and after Acapulco and Indian Wells. When you deal with many problems, one after the other, it's difficult to gain a rhythm and a consistency. I went through it many times and I went through and it seems you forget it. But it's difficult to achieve what I achieved with all what has been happening to me. I hope to be prepared to play well. If it's not in Barcelona, in Madrid, otherwise in the French Open or in the French Open. You cannot always expect to be perfect and win 14 Monte Carlo, 14 Godos."

Nadal took a Sunday off and had his first training on Monday. "Feelings were normal on the first day in a different place. I did what I had to. Monte Carlo was a perfect scenario too and I made a step forward compared to how I was the week before. The tournament was pretty good for the way I was able to prepare. Then you lose and the view is different. I lost a good opportunity to start in a fantastic way the clay-court season. I could not make it but in Barcelona, you have another chance. All the scenarios were ideal ones over my career when I did well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Vg8oQP

No comments