Breaking News

Tommy Robredo: I would remove betting in tennis

In an interview to La Vanguardia, former world no. 5 Tommy Robredo commented on the problem of match-fixing in tennis. "99.9 percent of us players are against betting, I do not say 100 percent because someone was caught. Every match I lose I get messages on WhatsApp insulting my family, wife, telling me they break my legs. They had better remove betting," said Robredo.

Robredo plays the ATP Challengers nowadays and his career is pretty close to the finish line: "My last memory of doing well is when I was the world no. 13. After an elbow injury, nothing was the same anymore, although I had undergone a foot surgery too. Then you go through a bad year and nothing is the same mentally anymore, that's why I struggle more. But I am still excited to get to my best possible level, recover and be at the top. The day I will get tired, I will leave (the sport) calmly. No problems. My idea is to keep playing, but I will not be there for five more years. I want to play this year at the top and see how it ends and then we will see. I like doing what I do although the ranking makes it complicated, and especially if you see that you are not playing well, you are mentally touched."

Robredo recently played the ATP Murcia Challenger and lost to Rudy Molleker 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 in the round of 32. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vfqvYx

No comments