Breaking News

Winning a Grand Slam is my next goal, says Fabio Fognini

Fabio Fognini revealed that his following step is to win a Grand Slam, like his wife Flavia Pennetta did at the 2015 US Open. Speaking to Sky Sport, the 31-year-old Italian said: "I have a goal... It's a dream that stays in the pocket, it opens and closes. Let's hope it totally opens and it becomes true. But it's very very difficult, you have to stay feet grounded. It's the dream of any player, once you win a big tournament that's the next step. But I have to honest, there is still a long way and it's so tough. You need to be lucky as I said this week, you have to be good in taking advantage of opportunities and then it's a mixture of things like happened this week but in a tournament that really changes your life."

After every win in the Monte Carlo Masters last week, Fabio Fognini signed "Fogna 2" on the camera. In an interview with Sky Sport, the Italian revealed the reasons behind this choice. "At the beginning of the week I joked with Matteo Berrettini and I said, You know what? If I win the first match and I can sign the camera, I write Fogna 2. Many people stopped me and asked me, Oh, is your wife Flavia Pennetta pregnant? I said I hope so! We would want it, we are trying but you do not have such good news and so it all started from this joke with Matteo and it brought luckily", said Fognini, who had lost seven out of eight matches between the Australian Open and Marrakech.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UVzv4f

No comments