Breaking News

Almagro recalls when he got injured during match against Rafael Nadal

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio Nicolas Almagro recalled when he got injured during the 2017 Rome second round against Rafael Nadal. The Spaniard would then hurt himself again later in the month in the French Open against Juan Martin del Potro. "I felt something on my knee, I went home, I spoke with my doctors and they said, You can play, let's see what happens in the future. The future was two weeks after, and it was terrible because I could not walk, I felt a lot of pain and that's life, and the whole world can see how our life is, how our relationship is and Juan Martin stayed really close to me", said Almagro.

Recalling his tennis journey, the Spaniard added: "It was a dream, fantastic. My two brothers gave me a racket and it was the beginning of everything. They were some of the most important persons in my life, alongside my parents, I love them. They are both teachers and I have a lot of things to learn from them. They played tennis but not at my level. It was an amazing life, very happy, doing the things that I love. Now it's a new life, new experience and I am ready for that. We will see what happens. When everything finished, I was like, You have had a very good career. Because this life is too fast, you need to be ready every week, every day, every second for a battle and fight and if you are not focused, you are done. This is how the professional life works."

On Nicolas Almagro retiring from tennis, Munar said: "Nico was an incredible player, he did many things in his life and he played at a very good level. It's something emotional and special to spend these moments with them on the tour, because I used to watch them on TV."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2J6Wq67

No comments